THE PLAYERS

Executive Dean for Administration at the Medical School, Bray has been called 'surly' and is seen as a major obstacle to wage increases for workers.

Newly appointed Director of Human Resources, Patrick says she hopes to become a workers advocate in her new job.

Vice President for Governement, Community and Public Affairs, Shattuck is not on Harvard's negotiating team. Still, he is the person most often quoted advocating Harvard's position.

Zeckhauser, 'Vice President for Administration, plays good cop. She is the highest-ranking member of management's bargaining team.

Jaeger used to work for Harvard and now works full time as union director. He is the lead negotiator for the union who charged that President Rudenstine 'skipped town.'

Rondeau, lead organizer for the union, is a veteran of the 1989 negotiations. She was a founder of the union in 1988.

Williams, president of the union, is also a founder of the union and veteran of the 1989 negotiations. She maintains a high profile at union rallies, delivering the major speeches.