Carella Garners Rookie Honors for This Week

Freshman Scored Two in Disappointing Draw

By Y. TAREK Farouki

The Harvard men's soccer team has had a tough couple of weeks lately. After losing four consecutive games, the Crimson allowed Cornell to score with 57 seocnds left in its last game to turn a sure Harvard win into a lackluster tie.

One bright spot, however, was the play of freshman T.J. Carella. The Gladwyne, Penn. native socred two of the Crimson's three goals and garnered Ivy League rookie of the week honors for his perfomance.

Carella, one of the freshman on the squad who played with each other on the FC Delco club team, is the first of the Crimson's talented freshman to win the award.

Carella is now tied for fourth place in Ivy League scoring with two scores in conference play to his hame.

Another freshman, midfielder Kevin Silva is the team's leading scorer with three tallies under his belt so far this season.

With preseason favorite Dartmouth losing to Yale last week 1-0, the Ancient Eight title race may not turn out as everyone expected.

Princeton and yale are now tied at the top with perfect 2-0 conference records. The Quakers and the Big Green bring up the rear with the Crimson not too far away. Of course, with five league games left for most teams, anything can happen.

The Women

Two Cornell players were honroed honored this week for their parts in the heart-breaking 1-0 overtime loss that the Harvard women's soccer team suffered in Ithaca, N.Y.

Freshman Rebecca D'Aleo, who assisted the game-winning goal, received rookie of the week honors, and junior Amy Duesing, who ended the overtime suspense at 118:82 with a tally, made the honor roll.

Harvard's loss dropped it from the top of the standing in the Ancient Eight. Dartmouth, Cornell and Brown all have not lost a game in conference play this season.