At Harvard Daily Entertainment & Events

11 November Thursday

Concert

Lunchtime Organ Recitals. Murray Forbes Somerville. Adolphus Busch Hall, 12:15 p.m. Free.

Exhibitions

Busch-Reisinger Museum. Through Dec. 12. "The Sketchbooks of George Grosz." Exploring the many sides of the former dada activist through more than 80 of his previously unexhibited sketchbooks.

Carpenter Center for the Visual Arts. Through Nov. 15. "Works and Texts: Twenty-Five Proofs and Nine Screen-prints." Featuring works by Tom Phillips from Dante's Inferno.

Fogg Art Museum. Through Nov. 14: "American Painting at Mid-Century: Highlights from a Private Collection." Considers the vital moment in history of avant-garde painting in New York by artists such as Andy Warhol, Jasper Johns, Willem de Kooning and Frank Stella. Through Nov. 11: "Portrait, Prospect and Poetry: British Drawings from the Grenville L. Winthrop Bequest." Featuring works by artists such as William Blake, Aubrey Beardsley and John Constable. Through Jan. 6: "The Art of Time: Clocks, Watches, and Other Timepieces from Harvard Collections." Includes many historically significant pieces seldom seen in public. The inner works of each timepiece will be displayed outside the case to help viewers appreciate the clockmakers' art. Through Jan. 9. "An Offbeat Collection of Dutch and Flemish Paintings." Featuring 20 works from the 16th-and 17th century Netherlands, all drawn from a private collection.

Sackler Museum. Through Jan. 23: "Buddhist Art: The Later Tradition." A survey of Buddhist art from the 8th through the 18th centuries, emphasizing works from China, Korea and Japan but also including ones from Nepal and Tibet. Through Nov. 21: "Rothko's Harvard Murals." Five monumental abstract murals painted for the University.

Schlesinger Library. Through Dec. 3: "Votes for Women: An Exhibition of Suffrage Posters." Original British and American suffrage movement posters.

Film

Harvard Film Archive. Carpenter Center. $5 for students. "Welfare" at 7 p.m. The nature and complexity of the welfare system is examined by sequences illustrating the various problems that constitute welfare.

Talk

What Happens After I Die: Jewish Views on Life After Death. Rabbi Rifat Sonsino, Temple Beth Shalom, Needham. Riesman Center, 74 Mt. Auburn St., 7:30 p.m.

Theatre

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? Through Nov. 28. By Edward Albee. This dazzling comedy presents one of the most memorable of married couples--George and Martha--in a searing night of dangerous fun and games with their two guests, Nick and Honey, who innocently become their foil. Hasty Pudding Theatre, 8 p.m. $19-$32. Call 496-8400 for tickets and more information.

The Mystery of Edwin Drood. A dark leading man, a romantic ingenue, an opium vendor, twins from Ceylon, a pious reverend and a cockney laborer. Which one of these people killed Edwin Drood? The audience decides when the cast and crew of the Gilbert and Sullivan Players presents an evening of musical murder and intrigue. Agassiz Theatre, 8 p.m. $3-$7 for students.