Lacrosse Games Delayed Again

By John B. Trainer

The aftermath of That Great Blizzard may prove to be more damaging than the storm itself.

The storm claimed two more victims yesterday: both the men's and women's lacrosse games scheduled against Boston College today had to be indefinitely postponed.

Although the Eagles have an artificial playing surface, school officials say the ground is still frozen and unsuitable for play.

This is the third potential season-opener that had to be postponed for the men. The previous two efforts, against C.W. Post at home two weeks ago and Cornell on the road last weekend, also succumbed to the weather.

And while Harvard's Ohiri Field is still a long way from usable, the men will go ahead with this weekend's match against Army. Harvard will take the field against the Cadets on Sunday at 1 p.m. at BC.

The women, on the other hand, will travel to Philadelphia to play Pennsylvania and Temple instead of welcoming the Quakers and Owls to Cambridge. The Crimson will play the Quakers at noon on Sunday and the Temple Owls at 2 p.m. on Monday.

The next men's home game is next weekend against Penn. The women will be on the road against Princeton that weekend and will not return until April 7 (against Yale).