Cartoon Reflects Crimson's Deficient Judgment

TO THE EDITORS OF THE CRIMSON:

Besides lacking taste and humor, the "Seth Lives" comic strip which appeared in the April 8th edition of The Crimson amounts to nothing more than an ad hominess attack. The comic strip not only reflects poorly on its Writer, but on the editors of The Crimson as well.

We were deeply disturbed that The Crimson decided to print a comic strip that so pointedly singles out one member of our community for attack. Certainly Conley, the creator of "Seth Lives," has every right to express his views. The editors of The Crimson have the right to decide, however, whether it will provide people like Conley the public forum to do so. We belive that The Crimson's decision to run the strip reflects a glaring deficiency in judgment, since it is obvious that this particular strip served no purpose beyond acting as a vehicle for a personal vendetta.

The Crimson's editors should have exercised greater oversight and prevented this strip from appearing. Instead, the strip was printed, and Conley was permitted to level a personal, hurtful attack against a member of our community through the public forum you provide. We find the strip and the complicity of Crimson editors in the matter reprehensible. Christopher L. Garcia '95   Francis Chang '95