Strike Up the Band!

Cambridge Seniors Come to Harvard

By Joe Mathews

City Councillor EDWARD N. CYR (right) brought his children to the event. His colleague, JONATHANS. MYERS (lower left) also attended. JULIEJ. DRISCOLL (below), 75, sits down to lunch in Memorial Hall. She came to Memorial Hall from the Huroa Towers apartment complex in Cambridge. The dance group, Deap (left), entertained seniors in sanders Theatre. Pictured are ROBIN BAXTER, 18, a 1993 graduate of Cambridge Ringe and Latin High school (CRLS), SHARRA HAMILTON, 18, a CRLS senior, and CRLS junior JAMILAH ALLEN, 15.

Hundreds of Cambridge seniors were scheduled to have an outdoor cookout in Harvard Yard last Thursday with President Neil L. Rudenstine and Mayor KENNETH E. REEVES "72 as speakers. It was to be called the "Wild east Picnic." But the rains came in the morning the picnic moved indoors and the senior citizens packed themselves into Memorial Hall and sanders Theatre. There was plenty of food and entertainment, courtesy of Dreamers, Inc, CAROLYN GRAHAM, The Hot Tamales, The Silverado Dancers, RICHARD TOBIN and PAULA HUSE and The Sundown Country Dancers. At times there seemd to be as many Cambridge politicians as senior citizens. City Councillors REEVES, ALICE K. WOLP, JONATHAN S. MYERS, FRANCIS H. DUEHAY '55, EDWARD N. CYR. SHEILA T. RUSSELL and WILLIAM H. WALSH were all spotted pressing the flesh as the November election draws near (wolf isn't running, but was working the room with another council candidate KATHY BORN). A good time was had by all, officials said.