WATER POLOMEN DESTROY HAPLESS ENGINEERS 15-1

Harvard's men's water polo team devastated MIT last night at Blodgett Pool.

Getting off to a 5-1 lead after the first quarter, the Crimson came up with a 15-1 win over the men from the glorified vocational technical school down the river.

"We were very pleased with how things went," Coach Don Benson said. "All the different parts of our team clicked. It was nice."

The Crimson had beaten the Engineers earlier in the season, 16-8. Yesterday's victory, however, was even more satisfying.

"We knew coming in that we were a better team than them," Benson said. "We just didn't know that we were this much better."

The win came just one night after the team suffered a one-point loss to 11th-ranked UMass. The loss came on a UMass goal in the final five seconds of the game.

"All this season we've had games in which we took two steps forward and one step backwards," Benson said. "Last night was one of those. Tonight, however, we took two steps forward and no steps back. It was a great win."--Sean D. Wissman