Cutler Predicts More Gridlock

GOP Won't Change Much, Former DNC Vice Chair Says

By Raideh A. Shraz

election of a majority Congress will create Democrats Cutler, former, vice National Democratic said at dinner in last night.

the important that were lost, that Democrats .

it out, regroup, the motto on a Cutler added, Organize."

to 16 members Radcliffe College there were many the

said, was their their platform.

didn't go out and say, I am," Cutler said. to get better at communicating the big stuff. In we need to address the everybody cares about-less ment, more job security, health care and a better tax system."

The Democrats' redistricting efforts also hurt them, Cutler said.

"When we created all Black and all Latino districts, we removed these same people from districts we removed these game people from districts in other communities," Cutler said. "Too many Democrats were in one district. We didn't need 85 percent of the vote to win. We overkilled."

In the election, many representatives tried to win back their faithful voters instead of reaching out to new ones, according to Cutler. But that strategy failed, she said, especially in the Midwest.

"If [representatives] talked to white guys, they got them back. But they couldn't talk to women and Blacks because they didn't want to offend the white males." Cutler paused." It didn't work."

But she did positive "Nothing focusses the impending doom," she said. out of majority will give opportunity to increase within the party."

When students asked what the losses would have on chances for re-election, "Now that the GOP is in office, they will look like the of . This will re-elect ple."

She said she expects the GOP to pass the balanced-budget but also to decrease federal power by "diverting the government of certain programs" such as Medicare.

"It's going to be a zoo," Cutler said. "Americans will 'Nobody can do this right."

said, was their their platform.

said, was their their platform.

said, was their their platform.

said, was their their platform.