Surprise--Women's Squash Victorious

By W. STEPHEN Venable

The Harvard women's squash team continued its winning ways Wednesday night with an 8-1 thrashing of Amherst on the road.

The Crimson played solidly in front of a hostile Amherst crowd to bring home the impressive victory. The win raised the Harvard's record to a perfect 2-0.

"We played really well," senior team member Debbie Lipson said. "It was a tough crowd to play in front of."

Sophomore Lucy Cummings was cited for outstanding play, pulling out a win in a tough match.

"Lucy played a really tough match," Lipson said.

The squad will now travel to Bowdoin next Wednesday, and then will prepare for the meat of its season after the exam period.

The team will be looking to bring home its fourth straight national title this season.

The squad will also be looking to capture yet another Ivy League crown.

Last year the Crimson put together a perfect regular season, with a 14-0 record and a 5-0 mark within the Ivy League.

The squad brought home the national title, as well as winning the Ivy League championship, and the Howe Cup.

Additionally, three of the Crimson's returning players were selected to last year's All-Ivy Team--juniors Blair Clark and Erin Dockery and senior co-captain Libby Eynon.

"If everyone stays healthy, it should be a really good year," senior Lipson said. "We have a very strong team this year." Harvard  8 Amherst  1.