Senior Leaves for Hollywood

Chemistry Concentrators to Play Lead Female Role in Film

By Eliot Bush

The classmates of Marie Eguro '94 are set to leave for the real would in a little over three months. But Eguro is leaving this week--she's going to Hollywood to star in a movie.

Eguro, a chemistry concentrators, will play the lead female role in the upcoming Shapiro entertainment film "Tuff and Dudley."

She'll costar with Billy Blaks in what she described As an action film about an ex-CIA agent. "This is the first role that was Worth leaving school for," she said yesterday.

She got her smart got her start when she won the Miss Teen Illinois and Miss Teen USA contests. From there, a little bit of luck and her grandmother in Japan got her a big break in the form of a modeling contract with an ad agency in Tokyo.

She flew to Tokyo and within her first week there, she found herself on a magazine cover. That was three years ago, when she was a first-year.

"I've got contracts with make-up and jewelry companies," she said, adding, "I released a couple of CDs, too."

She said her parents, who are both doctors, wanted her to become a doctor.

She finished all the pre-medical requirements here and until recently had thought she would go to medical school.

"I'm gonna come back [to Harvard] next spring," she said. But she added that she couldn't be sure because "there's a lot of interesting [movie] parts coming up."