Woman Struck By Car

By Andrew L. Wright

A woman riding a bicycle across Mt. Auburn Street in front of Quincy House late yesterday afternoon was struck by a car and injured.

The woman was in stable condition last night at Mount Auburn Hospital after receiving X-rays for injuries to her knee, Cambridge police detective Frank Pasquarello said last night. Three Cambridge police cars, an ambulance and a Cambridge Fire Department rescue vehicle responded to the accident.

The woman appeared to be in her 20s. She was wearing shorts and a t-shirt when she crossed the intersection of Mt. Auburn and Plympton Streets at 5:40 p.m.

The car was a blue Pontiac 6000 LE with Ontario license plates, traveling in the direction of Central Square. A man who appeared to be in his 40s was driving. There were three other passengers in the car, none of whom sustained injuries, according to the police.

Pasquarello said police were still investigating the incident last night. Police had not yet determined whether the driver of the car, whose identity was not released, would be issued a ticket in connection with the incident, Pasquarello said.