Peninsula Writers Raised Religiously

TO THE EDITORS

As much as conservatives deem themselves the "victims" at Harvard already I've received an angry response to a minor point made in my letter regarding David Lat's editorial, "Bleed On, Liberals" ("Lat's Lack of Substance Typifies Conservatives More than Liberals," opinion, May 13, 1994).

In the letter, I implied that many of Peninsula's writers attended "strict religious schools." A few of the current members of Peninsula's staff have let me know that this is not the case with the current board, and that they mean to take action against this statement.

They did not say whether they would respond to the rest of my letter. I explained that what I meant to say was "strict religious upbringing," an error which I later recognized and credit to my haste in wanting to respond to Lat's editorial.

Again, I should restate my claim: most Peninsula members have not been "educated in strict religious schools" but rather are the products of "strict religious upbringing." For, as Peninsula members now know first hand, one word can make all the difference. Inie Park' 94-'95