The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

ECAC Honor to Holmes

ECAC HOCKEY ROUNDUP

By David S. Griffel

Senior Tommy Holmes earned ECAC Player of the Week honors for his performance against Princeton this past Friday. Holmes scored one goal and assisted on two others in the Crimson's 5-1 triumph over the Tigers.

Holmes set up junior Joe Craigen for a shorthanded goal early in the first period. The scrappy senior then tallied a power-play goal late in the opening stanza to give Harvard a 2-0 advantage, and he assisted on senior Kirk Nielsen's goal that made the score 5-1.

It was a light week of action for ECAC teams, but it was another bad one for the ECAC against its Hockey East foes. No. 2 Boston University crushed Dartmouth, 8-3, last Tuesday, and UMass Amherst dealt losses to two ECAC teams. The Minuetmen pounded Rensselaer on Tuesday, 6-1, and dropped Princeton by a 3-1 count on Sunday, leaving the ECAC at 6-20-3 on the season against Hockey East.

Harvard is back in action at the Mariucci Classic in Minneapolis next Friday and Saturday, facing No.3 Minnesota in the first round. Its next league match comes on Friday, January 5, at home against No. 7 Vermont. ECAC STANDINGS   OVERALL  ECAC Team  W  L  T  W  L  T Clarkson  8  3  2  6  0  1 Colgate  6  4  2  5  1  2 St. Lawrence  7  5  1  5  1  1 Harvard  5  3  1  6  5  1 Cornell  4  3  3  4  1  3 Vermont  10  2  1  4  0  1 Brown  2  5  3  1  4  3 Rensselaer  4  9  1  2  4  0 Yale  4  8  0  2  6  0 Union  2  7  2  1  4  3 Princeton  3  9  2  1  7  1 Dartmouth  0  7  1  0  5  0