The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

Arts Office, Band Move

Groups Occupy Former Hillel Building

By Rachel C. Telegen

The Harvard-Radcliffe Band and The Office for the Arts at Harvard and Radcliffe (OFA) moved over spring break to newly renovated office space at 74 Mt. Auburn Street, former home of the Harvard-Radcliffe Hillel.

The OFA's administrative offices moved from their Agassiz House office, and the band's offices moved from the basement of the first-year Union.

Band Manager Grant M. Dixton '96 said he is pleased with the new office space.

"The University has done a magnificent job on everything," said Dixton. "Everything has been done to our specification."

OFA Director Myra A. Mayman said she is excited about the expansion of the OAF's administrative offices from the cramped Agassiz facilities and the opportunity to share space with the band.

"I love it. I love cohabiting with the Band," said Mayman. "We have a common silly quotient."

Band Director Thomas G. Everett said he has mixed feelings about the move.

"It's very exciting to be in a new facility, to be in a new place. But it is also sad to leave after being in the Union since 1952 or 1953. We had a lot of history there," he said.

Everett said, however, that there were great advantages to the move, such as the closer location to the center of campus and the improved facilities at 74 Mt. Auburn.

The OFA is an umbrella organization that servesas an information center for arts programs atHarvard, handles grants for arts organizations andstudents, and sponsors a visiting artists program.

Mayman said the new facilities will help theOFA to achieve its purpose of encouraging greaterparticipation in the arts by better administratingthe space for arts on campus.

"Our whole purpose is to integrate creativethinking into the undergraduate experience,"Mayman said. "You get this experience whenpreforming, not when running around looking forspace.