Popular Housing

TO THE EDITORS

We here at Pforzheimer House are incensed by the Crimson article on the upper-class housing assignments ("Hear Ye, Hear Ye," March 22, 1996). Where did Connie Chang get the idea that we are "traditionally one of the least popular houses..."? We have been filled with students who put us down as one of their first choices for the past five or six years. Ever since the renovations to the House, we have been among the chosen. Last year five houses had some randomly assigned students. We were not one of them!

It is quite true that before the House was renovated, no one wanted to live here. But since the creation of our beautiful dining room and our terrific fourth floor suites, we have been very popular. It pains us deeply that you malign us in this fashion. Certainly with random assignment, students have been assigned this year who did not wish to live here, but it is grossly unfair to claim that we are "traditionally one of the least popular houses...".

We hope that The Crimson will print some correction to this gross inaccuracy. --Woody and Hanna Hastings   Co-Masters, Pforzheimer House