Community BRIEF

*ARTS AND SCIENCES*.

Dingman, Miller Awarded $5,000 FAS Service Prize

Associate Dean of the College Thomas A. Dingman '67 and Director of Financial Aid James S. Miller were the recipients of this year's Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS) Administrative and Professional Prize for outstanding work.

Dingman and Miller received their awards during a reception Monday.

They were each given $5,000 for travel and an additional month of paid leave, according to the Harvard Gazette.

"I feel like I should read the Imposter Syndrome," Dingman said. "When you wind up in places you don't expect to be you sometimes wonder."

"I feel like I've been well-supported and then some," Dingman added, referring to the help he has received over the years from several of his colleagues.

The prize was established in 1944 by an alumnus and his wife and is open to any member of the FAS staff with at least five years of experience.

"I'm very honored, but I'm a little embarrassed," Miller told the Gazette. "People work incredibly hard here, and it's difficult to feel that I'm distinguished in some way."

Dingman and Miller were chosen from among 27 FAS staff nominees.