LOHO NEEDS FROYO

A summary of views, commentary and sometimes comedy.

A kingdom for a chocolate/vanilla swirl! The frozen yogurt gods, after holding out for far too long, have finally smiled on Lowell House. For years, lunch and dinner in LoHo have been lacking in the necessity of FroYo (nature's version of heavenly ambrosia). Now, LoHoCo chairs promise that a recently acquired machine will soon be plugged in, turned on and dispensing creamy delights. Why the delay, Dartboard asks? If the machine is here, let's crank it up ASAP. But the FroYo gods evidently did not consult with Hephaestus and his team of electricity gods before smiling on Lowellians. Circuitry in the dining hall requires some reworking lest Harvardians blow a fuse or two while mixing strawberry and cappuccino in a con.

Dartboard urges that the powers-that-be at Lowell House forego other repairs and focus all their energy on installing the FroYo machine. Frozen yogurt is, arguably, nature's most perfectly synthetic food. When a meal is less than appetizing, or when one is in a rush, the FroYo cone beckons from the corner, offering cool refreshment with only a modicum of saturated fat. Students dwelling in other-FroYo-blessed-houses have been known to live on the dessert alone for days at a time.

Let the members of LoHo live no longer without FroYo. We have waited too long for our lowfat pistachio/banana combo.

Susannah B. Tobin '00