The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained
Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned
Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands
Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square
107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay
1. Which of the following organizations did not advertise in a 1988 edition of The Crimson?
A. Penthouse Magazine
C. Bud Light
D. Ed Meese Fan Club
2. In 1988, The Crimson launched a new weekly magazine. What was it called?
A. Weekly Review
B. Worker's Vanguard
C. Fifteen Minutes
D. What Is to Be Done?
3. Which lucky first-year dorm got an elevator in 1988?
D. Apley Court
4. In 1988, The Crimson reported on the primary victories of Michael Dukakis and George Bush for their parties' nominations. Which of these politicians did not also seek their party's nomination?
A. Alfonse D'Amato
B. Al Gore '69
C. Bob Dole
D. Pat Robertson
5. In February 22nd of 1988, The Crimson dedicated a full page to:
A. Cock fighting in the Phillipines
B. Study abroad fellowships
C. Campus militias
D. Men's Hockey's undefeated season
6. Which of the following articles did not run on the front page of The Crimson in 1988?
A. "Dorm Crew Short on Workers: Student Bathrooms Suffer From Dearth of Cleaners"
B. "University Relaxes Alcohol Enforcement Procedures"
C. "Condom Machines Arriving"
D. "50 Students Occupy Law School Dean's Office"
7. Which item was offered for sale for $600 in the April 11, 1988 Crimson classified ads?
A. Laser printer
C. Baby grand piano
D. Harvard salad set
8. Which school advertised summer classes in the March 15th Crimson?
A. Oxford University
B. Queens College
C. Guadalajara Summer School
D. Apex Technical School
1.B, 2.D, 3.C, 4.A, 5.A, 6.B, 7.D, 8.C
Want to keep up with breaking news? Subscribe to our email newsletter.