Clutch!

TERENCE PATTERSON '00

By Keith S. Greenawalt

Gaudy.

That's the only way to describe Terence Patterson's numbers from Harvard's 24-0 drubbing of the Dartmouth football team.

Patterson had 11 catches for 121 yards with two touch-down. He was also finished the day as the Crimson's leading rusher after a 62-yard reverse ended in a third Patterson touchdown.

In Harvard's biggest game of the season Patterson was the offense. The Big Green came into the contest tied with the Crimson for the Ivy League lead and was riding a 15-game Ivy win streak. Patterson's stunning performance--accounting for 21 of his team's 24 points--put his team in the driver's seat for the Ivy League race.

In addition to earning our Athlete of the Week title, Patterson was also named Ivy League Offensive Player of the Week for his work.

Patterson has been consistently improving his performance in a Harvard uniform. In 1996 Patterson saw limited action and had 7 receptions. During this spring's practices he was named recipient of the Pat McInally '75 Award as the team's most improved wideout. Patterson has continued to expand his role in the Harvard offense and is currently leading the Crimson receiving corps with 34 receptions for an average of 11.1 yards-per-catch and a team high four TD catches.

In addition to running and catching for the Crimson, Patterson--an option quarterback in high school--has also thrown a 34-yard pass on a split end option.

Patterson's multi-faceted abilities have helped the Crimson reach first place and hopefully, his perfomances will help keep it there.