Superwoman

ATHLETE OF THE WEEK

By Eduardo Perez-giz

Although The Crimson likes to spread the wealth for its Athlete of the Week, we do not have much choice in the matter when Allison Feaster dominates a basketball court the way she did this weekend.

For the second consecutive week, Feaster walks away with the honors after recording two 30-point performances against Norfolk State and Loyola on Saturday and Sunday to lead the Harvard women's basketball team to its first Harvard Invitational Tournament Championship in a decade.

The Crimson's co-captain set a new Harvard single-game scoring record by erupting for a career-high 39 points in Sunday's championship game. Feaster was named Tournament MVP as she also hauled in 26 rebounds and came up with five steals during the two-day affair.

What makes Feaster's effort even more impressive is the fact that she converted 56 percent of her shots including an illustrious 9-of-15 from beyond the three-point arc. The All-American also moved into a fourth-place tie on the Ivy League all-time scoring list with 1,683 career points, and she surpassed the 900-rebound mark for her career.

Last week Feaster broke Harvard's all-time scoring record while averaging 29 points and 12.5 rebounds, yet the Ivy League did not name her its Player of the Week as it had done seven days earlier. Yesterday, however, the League had no choice but to bestow the honor on Feaster for the second time in three weeks.

While we at The Crimson are all for equity, like the Ivy League we also believe that credit must be given where it is due. Allison Feaster has once again demonstrated her brilliance and proven herself as Athlete of the Week.