Undergrad Attacked Outside Adams House

By Kelly M. Yamanouchi

A Harvard undergraduate was the victim of an attempted unarmed robbery in front of Adams House early yesterday morning.

At 3:46 a.m., a vehicle approached a student on Linden Street in front of Adams House. The assailant got out of the car and demanded money from the student, according to Harvard University Police spokesperson Peggy McNamara.

The student reportedly did not have any money. The assailant struck him on the head, then fled in an unknown direction, police reported.

Harvard Police could not disclose the identity of the victim of the attempted mugging. Harvard Police are investigating the incident.

Another student said he was approached by a car in front of Adams House earlier in the morning.

Daniel P. Kim '97 said that he was approached by a vehicle at 3 a.m.

"It didn't seem suspicious to me at the time," said Kim, of the man who asked him for directions to Revere Beach.

The car "strolled up to me," Kim said. "It looked like they might have been drunk. I recognized that it was a bad situation."

"Luckily, [a Harvard Police] car was coming up behind it," Kim said. The man immediately got back into his car and drove off, Kim said.

Kim described the car as "an American car, probably like a Mercury Cougar," of a neutral color.

It is not clear whether the two events at Adams House were related.