TO THE GOSSIP'S CHAGRIN

A summary of views, commentary and sometimes comedy compiled by The Harvard Crimson editorial staff.

By Noah Oppenheim

We were electrified by the news that First Daughter Chelsea Clinton paid a visit to the Harvard campus. Nothing this exciting has happened since--well, since it snowed right after Easter! Thankfully, intrepid journalists flocked to report the tale of Chelsea's fateful Cambridge sojourn, leaving no juicy detail uncovered.

Word has it that while Chelsea spent last Saturday afternoon in low-key fashion, her evening was really something to talk about. The high school senior from Sidwell Friends was taken on a whirlwind tour of all the Square's hottest locales. The highlight? A raging party at the A.D. final club. Adorned in a "royal blue tight sweater, bootleg pants and, of course, boots," as The Crimson described her attire, Chelsea chatted away with some of this country's best and brightest elitist, womanizing snobs. Dad must have been so proud!

Much to every gossip's chagrin, Chelsea left town this past Monday, returning to her trying duties of being the country's most powerful teenager.