Cross Country Battles at Invite

HIGHLIGHTS

The Harvard men's and women's cross country teams were busy this weekend competing at the third annual Meet of Champions at Van Cortlandt Park, Bronx, N.Y.

The women's team fared quite well against a field of 17 teams from across the nation. Nabbing a fifth-place finish with 122 total points, the Crimson trailed only Villanova, Dartmouth, Army and Westchester TC.

Leading the charge for Harvard was junior Margaret Schotte who posted an impressive time of 18:42.8, good enough for 16th overall.

Freshman Mary Unsworth and sophomore Kathryn Moynihan finished neck-and-neck with times of 19:08.5 and 19:10.4 respectively.

The Crimson men finished with 199 points, good enough for a seventh-place finish in a field of 12 teams.

Junior Scott Muoio led all Harvard competitors with a time of 25:32.3 Muoio's time was 1:14.8 behind the meet's individual champion Sammy Nyamongo from Life University, who set a meet record with a time of 24:17.5.

Junior Joseph Johnson and sophomore Brendan Trombly were the next best Crimson finishers with times of 26:11.1 and 26:15.6 respectively.