Hill Makes First Team All-Ivy

HIGHLIGHTS

By --daniel G. Habib

In a fitting end to a stellar career. Tim Hill was one of six men's basketball players named to the All-Ivy First Team yesterday.

Hill, who was sixth in the conference in scoring with 16 points per game and first in assists with 6.6, made the only First Team of his career.

Hill earned Second Team honors after his freshman year.

"Certainly, it's a great honor," Hill said. "It really puts the icing on the calve for a successful season.

Hill was widely considered the top point guard in the Ivy League this season, winning both of his head-to-head battles with Penn's Michael Jordan. In their Feb. 19 meeting at Lavietes Pavilion, Jordan committed a season-high nine turnovers.

Sophomore forward Dan Clemente, who averaged 14.7 points per game and shot 41.7 percent from three-point range, was named an Honorable Mention.

Clemente was last season's Rookie of the Year.

"I'm glad for Danny," Hill said "I'm glad he got recognized, and it's a good platform for him to springboard from next year."

The other First Team honorees were guards Brian Earl of Princeton and Michael Jordan of Penn and forwards Gable Lewullis of Princeton, Paul Romanczuk of Penn, and Shaun Gee of Dartmouth.

Although Penn clinched the Ivy's automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament with its 73-48 win over Princeton on Tuesday, the Tigers swept the top prizes, with Earl winning Player of the Year and center Chris Young taking home Rookie of the Year.

Earl was also the only unanimous selection to the First Team.