Something Fishy

The melodic ripple of waterfalls caresses visitors' ears; the angled plate glass walls admit sprinkles of sunshine. An intoxicating smell
By A.b. Osceola

The melodic ripple of waterfalls caresses visitors' ears; the angled plate glass walls admit sprinkles of sunshine. An intoxicating smell of worldly foliage floats about the sultry environment and various coins from around the world glisten from the bottom of an 18- inch-deep pond, inviting all to make a wish in this majestic structure. For the intrepid, geometrically arranged stones provide an entertaining romp. Just be careful not to fall in---the inhabitants of this imported Japanese fish pond have been known to attach themselves to the toes and fingers of intruders. Just over the River, these Coy fish slither in and out of the stone caverns designed for their leisure in the business school's "Class of 1959 Chapel."

Dazzling gold, sparkling silver, sleek black and rich copper characterize the Coys brought from halfway across the world to visually entice audiences. And while Dr. Seuss knew only red and blue fish, Harvard students are privy to all these magical slippery scales. The fish range in size from one to two feet long, and although they are fed daily, they appreciate dining hall treats---not to mention the occasional suck on a meaty finger or toe. But have no fear, unlike the students at the business school, these toothless fish are not of the piranha persuasion.