JV Hockey Splits First Two Games

By Michael R. Volonnino, Crimson Staff Writer

The Harvard men's junior varsity hockey team through two games mirrored the start of its varsity counterparts--a win, then a loss.

The Crimson (1-1) opened its season last Wednesday against Bridgewater St. with a 10-9 victory, but dropped to the Seacoast Kings, 5-2, on Saturday at Bright Hockey Center.

For the year's inaugural game, Harvard celebrated "Turn Back the Clock Night." Or at least it seemed that way with both sides bringing back the run-and-gun style of play, popular in the 1980s.

Captain Neil Kennish led the way with a hat trick, while his linemate, sophomore Rob Parsons, bagged a pair. Rookies Chad Jones, Tripp Baird and Mike Holland each notched his first collegiate goal in the shootout, as the Crimson just barely hung on for the win over the Bears--a club team at Bridgewater St.

Harvard lost its scoring touch, however, against Seacoast and fell to the Kings, 5-2. Jones extended his scoring streak to two games and the senior connection of Rene Roy and Kennish combined for the Crimson's other goal.

Next up for Harvard is the Boston Bulldogs, this Wednesday.