The Police Log

By Garrett M. Graff, Crimson Staff Writer

March 11:

2:08 a.m.-- The Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) attempted to stop a vehicle reported stolen that was travelling the wrong way on Mt. Auburn Street.

Police later stopped the vehicle and arrested Jose Rosado, 20, of Dorchester. Police charged him with disorderly conduct, possession of a stolen motor vehicle and failure to stop for police.

March 12:

11:37 a.m.-- HUPD helped to release a child who was locked inside Leverett Towers.

12:48 p.m.--The Cambridge Police Department (CPD) and HUPD responded to a report of a person outside CVS on Mass. Ave who matched the composite sketch of a wanted person.

The person was stopped, interviewed and released.

5:21 p.m.--Two suspicious people at CitySports were issued trespass warnings.

March 13:

8:15 p.m.--CPD arrested Nicholas Perez for assault with a firearm and knife and two counts of possession of a dangerous weapon.

5:30 p.m.--A Waltham resident was robbed at 57 JFK St. While in the bathroom, the man was approached by a 6-foot-1 inch tall 180-pound black male who brandished a small gold handgun. The robber took $38 in cash.

1:18 p.m.--A swastika was found painted outside a residence on Broadway Street.

March 14:

4:31 a.m.--HUPD quieted some loud music at Peabody Terrace.

7:43 a.m.--Fire, police and University engineers responded to an unfounded report of a gas smell at the Hoffman lab.

9:16 a.m.--A caller reported her laptop had been stolen from Cabot Hall.

12:58 p.m.--Police and rescue responded to a car accident on Memorial Drive.

10:44 p.m.--Police issued a suspicious person at the Greenhouse Cafe a trespass warning.

March 15:

2:08 p.m.--A wallet was stolen from Ma Soba's.

March 16:

10:45 a.m.--Contractors accidentally activated a fire alarm at Hemenway Gym.

11:42 a.m.--The Andover-Harvard Theological Library reported a mutilated library book.

2:14 p.m.--Police responded to a report of a man at the Cabot Library playing the harmonica and harassing students.

7:25 p.m.--A motor vehicle accident occurred outside Johnston Gate.

11:24--CPD and HUPD searched for three youths who threw a brick through a car window on Concord Avenue.

March 17:

3:20 a.m.--Brendon Mitchell was arrested at the Star Market at 20 Sidney St. and was charged with trespassing and assault on a police officer.

6:45 a.m.--The Cambridge Public library received a bomb threat.