Fifteen Minutes: fmdial

indy surveys seen floating around dining halls this week have been collected, counted, recounted and have tallied up to shocking

The new guard of FM is just that: a keeper of the magazine, holding the torch that has been kept faithfully alight during the twelve volumes that precede this one. All of this proceeds in fits and starts--we need to take a breath and hope: change is good. Change is good. Change is good.

But for every For The Moment that disappeared at the last minute, there was one to take its place. For every As it Were disaster, there was a spread full of beautiful people. And when Gossip Guy went head to head with FM's crack legal team, Candie Darling dutifully took his place. When it comes right down to it, 48 pages were proofed, sent and published. A small miracle.

Still, our best efforts are often not enough. Like any other publication, we need writers, and last week's open house couldn't have come at a better time. The breath of air we needed came in the form of fresh faces, fresh ideas and, we daresay, fresh Juice. The energy we hadn't seen since freshman year was infectious, as seasoned writers found new range and the eds remembered why they shot in the first place. The future looks bright.

With that, please enjoy our third installment. Listings is more robust, shoe rapist finally came in and the groovy train is hopefully back on track. And tonight, how about a blind date upstairs at The Crimson? Because change is good.