Fifteen Minutes: Just the Creamy Filling: Cambridge's Erotic Bakery

Sex. Pique your interest? Then so will Sweet-N-Nasty. From chocolate body paint to edible underwear, this erotic bakery's fun take
By A. Cooley

Sex. Pique your interest? Then so will Sweet-N-Nasty. From chocolate body paint to edible underwear, this erotic bakery's fun take on food is a most oral sexual experience. Located near Kendall Square, the epicurean establishment was opened 20 years ago and remains the only establishment of its kind in the Boston area.

Specializing in erogenous cakes, the bakery's patronage does not consist of hormonally challenged college-age reporters as expected. Instead, middle-aged businesswomen are the largest demographic serviced by this gastronomic factory -

"Mostly for bachelorette parties...but people will think up anything to get a dirty cake," says one employee. So true, so true.

Valentine's Day is one of the most active times of year for the horny gourmet. "When people think Valentine's Day, they think sex," the employee says.

But, one need not wait until February to quell their appetite for sexual chocolate. The bakery gets requests for just about any occasion. "We once got [someone to request a cake for] breast implants. Also, a vasectomy. We drew stitches on the penis," our insider confides. Even St. Patrick's Day gets a nod from Sweet-N-Nasty; the Le-prick-aun depicts one of the wee people with a none-too-wee piece. What exactly makes a cake "erotic?" Where do you draw the line between carnal and just disgusting? How do you keep the staff of the Harvard Lampoon out? Answer: you don't. The bakery does its best to humor its customers by taking requests. One customer asked for "a butt cake with a vibrator sticking out of it, so that when you turned on the vibrator, the whole cake would shake." Though they shoulder the imaginative culinary needs of their clientele, there are some things that employees won't do. Like give love advice. "You don't need to pay to come in here, so we usually shut those people [who ask for sex advice] down." Even when "satisfied" customers return to recount their adventurous exploits with their products, the employees are generally induced to "shut them down."

Sweet-N-Nasty's designs can promise an amusing occasion, but they do not guarantee anything beyond the savory. There are no aphrodisic ingredients in the cakes beyond a lovin' spoonful of fun. Yet, their high customer satisfaction stems from the quality of their products. A penis sign on the door of the exit beckons one to "Cum again." How they do...again and again.