The Future: FM Associates of the 129th

Rachel E. Dry From the second she strolled into the Sanctum last fall, Rachel proved herself to be one of
By The CRIMSON Staff

From the second she strolled into the Sanctum last fall, Rachel proved herself to be one of FM’s keenest minds. She comes to meetings with ideas galore, usually concerning subject-matter that is way over everyone else’s head but brilliant in its humanity.

But, don’t pigeonhole her as the intellectual. At Quincy House lunches, she can gossip and kvetch with the best of them—a Jewish girl after our own hearts (though FM may have to break her into more explicit convos on the pros and cons of birth control). Simply put, Rachel is a beautiful person. Her stories on irony and hot law school activists dig deep. Her big hugs and undying commitment to this magazine go unparalleled. She will rule the comp and perhaps teach our staff a bit about true reporting, Newsweek style. FM is confident that, with the mag under the reigns of this pony-tailed blond, copy will be award-worthy.

Angie C. Marek

Angie gets asked out on more dates than any girl at Harvard hands down. The fact that she has been off the market for the past few months doesn’t seem to stop the suitors. There is something about her soft voice and twinkling eyes that screams vulnerable, but the real Angie is far from the little woman. The innocence is how she reels you into her story before she unleashes her all-knowing, all-powerful persona. Angie is the only FM writer alive who is persuasive enough to convince friends to divulge their problems with ectasy, yearning to relive childhood stardom and passion for going down on girls. Ang, as she is affectionately known, is loved by all of Harvard’s lot from the Key to the Bee to the Bookish. In addition to talent, Angie will bring warmth and compassion to FM’s next guard. Her Fifteen Minutes will cling a bit to beauty and sex talks of yesteryear but will add her own flare. E is for Exuberant.

Elizabeth F. Maher

Strutting around in lookalike Prada shoes and hot little outfits, Liz is FM’s style guru. What sold us on her? One tiny comment. “I’m a bitch,” she wrote. And that one insight into her personality resonated with many on the outgoing board. Liz will be the voice of reason and propriety. She will set the tone for a classy FM as she tells the dirty boys ranked above her to sit down and shut up. A Boston Latin grad and a native of West Roxbury, Liz has a townie patina which will bring her fame and glory within the FM sphere. This girl knows what’s up and she’s not afraid to say it. Anytime that Liz’s name is mentioned in public, some attractive boy will perk up his ears and swoon in an ecstatic fantasy.

Amit R. Paley

He may have started his Crimson career with news stories, but he began writing when he joined FM. The mag and Amit were destined to be together. If he could give it hickeys, he would. An off-beat Sherlock Holmes, he is positively ingenious at tracking down leads, befriending sources and piecing evidence together. From the ex-gay movement on campus to the grade inflation, he has tackled touchy subjects with phenomenal aplomb. In his tight Hebrew T-shirts and edgy glasses, he’s the picture of an intellectual, hip writer and he lives up to the look, proving that boys are capable of more than just Gossip Guy. A little bit cynical, a tad sarcastic and tons of fun, Amit is determined to make FM a better place—and no doubt he will.

Gadfly