Feedback Sought for TECH

By Kate L. Rakoczy, Crimson Staff Writer

On Wednesday, the Technology and Entrepreneurship Center at Harvard (TECH) sent out an e-mail inviting all those who had participated in its programs over the course of the year to fill out an online survey, designed to provide feedback to organizers after the program's inaugural year.

The online survey, which includes 25 questions, evaluates the organization's strengths and weaknesses by asking students both what they thought of this year's offerings and what types of opportunities they would like to see in the future.

TECH's student leaders drafted the questions, which were then approved by Paul B. Bottino, TECH's executive director.

"My sole purpose was to get feedback," Bottino said, "and to look back at the year to see what went well and what we can do better."

TECH, in its opening year, is still in the process of shaping its structure and the types of programs it offers, and has expended significant efforts at self-evaluation.

At a meeting last month, for example, student leaders of the group met with Bottino to discuss the year's successes and failures and to brainstorm ideas for the future of the organization.

Bottino said he will most likely examine the results of the survey sometime next week.

TECH's mission is to "educate technology leaders and innovators" and be "a space for students, faculty, alumni and industry leaders to learn together, collaborate and innovate."