Student Assaulted Near Adams House

By David B. Rochelson, Crimson Staff Writer

A female undergraduate was assaulted late last night in the parking lot of St. Paul’s Church near Adams House, according to a friend of the victim.

The victim, who was scraped up and bruised, was taken to the hospital after the incident, friends said.

The student will be fine, according to friends and an e-mail Adams House Senior Tutor Michael Rodriguez sent to Adams House residents last night warning them about the assault.

The student had been visiting friends in Adams House and was walking back to Dunster House at the time of the assault, Rodriguez wrote.

A spokesperson for the Harvard University Police Department could not be reached for comment last night, and a police sergeant on the scene declined comment.

The nature of the assault—including a description of the suspect and whether a weapon was involved—remains unclear.

The victim ran to a friend’s room in Adams House immediately after the incident, and two police cars and an ambulance were seen near A and B entryways of Adams around 11:15 p.m.

The parking lot where the assault occurred, which is located between Arrow and Mt. Auburn Streets, is often used as a shortcut by students walking to Mather and Dunster House.

Dunster House Senior Tutor Paulette G. Curtis ’92 could not be reached for comment late last night.

—Hana R. Alberts, Stephen M. Marks and Jenifer L. Steinhardt contributed to the reporting of this story.

—Staff writer David B. Rochelson can be reached at rochels@fas.harvard.edu.