Minutes

Minutes of the late composer John Cage’s piece “As Slow as Possible,” which a church in Halberstadt, Germany, has agreed
By The CRIMSON Staff

Minutes of the late composer John Cage’s piece “As Slow as Possible,” which a church in Halberstadt, Germany, has agreed to play once through in its entirety on its organ: 335,858,400

Minutes it will take to play the composition’s first three notes: 777,600

Minutes since birth that twin sisters Adriana Scott and Tamara Rabi, who were born in Mexico but adopted and raised by different American families, were separated before a mutual friend helped to reintroduce them last week: 10,512,000

Minutes by car that the twins have lived apart in New York for most of their lives: 15

Minutes since State Farm Insurance alerted its 40 million auto insurance subscribers that their vehicles will no longer be insured in the event of a nuclear explosion: 12,960

Minutes on average that it would take for a car to naturally irradiate following a nuclear explosion (assuming of course that it was not annihilated in the initial blast): 15,768,000

Minutes apart that George W. Bush and Saddam Hussein recently ordered the same pair of $975 shoes from the Italian designer Vito Artioli: 43,200

Minutes it took the White House to turn down an invitation for a debate from Saddam Hussein, stating that the president has nothing to discuss with Hussein: 1,020

Minutes that an aspiring model in Brighton, Mich., was captured on tape by a hidden camera undressing in the office of her talent agency, prompting a lawsuit against the agency for untold professional embarassment: 5

Minutes of deliberation required for a jury in Brighton, Mich., to determine that the model’s career-paralyzing humiliation was worth $575,000 in damages: 420

Minutes since the Class of 2003 first entered Harvard Yard beginning four glorious years of (relatively) carefree collegiate existence: 1,798,560

Minutes until Mother Harvard gently but insistently pushes the class of 2003 across the threshold of Johnston Gate thus welcoming soon-to-be grads to a lifetime of, well, life in the real world: 131,040