Police Log

By Hana R. Alberts, Crimson Staff Writer

11:16:21 p.m.—Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officers were dispatched to the lot across from Mather House to investigate a report of persons acting suspiciously. After a brief field interview, they determined that the parties were authorized to be there.

March 24:

12:05:32 a.m.—An officer was sent to Harkness Commons at the Law School on a report of a gas odor. The officer determined that the smell was coming from a grill that had been used earlier. Both tanks were off.

March 25:

2:04:56 p.m.—A HUPD officer responded to a report of stolen jewelry in Pforzheimer House.

5:59:14 p.m.—An officer was dispatched to Cabot House to take a report of a lock that had been tampered with.

March 26:

6:12:00 a.m.—An officer was sent to Lowell House to investigate a report of a radio playing in an unoccupied room. The officer entered the room and shut off the alarm clock radio.

4:35:15 p.m.—A HUPD officer responded to a report of a stolen VCR, a CD player and a box of CDs in Sever Hall. Less than three hours later, officers were again sent to Sever Hall to investigate a report of a stolen CD player and various other CDs.

6:35:45 p.m.—Officers were dispatched to Au Bon Pain on Mass. Ave. after a fight was reported. When they arrived at the scene, the fight was over and one group of combatants had fled the area. Pro Ambulance was summoned to treat an individual with a head injury.

7:36:40 p.m.—An officer arrested 22-year-old Parbir Batra on a default warrant at Weld Boathouse.

March 27:

2:16:33 p.m.—A HUPD officer was sent to the Law School’s Littauer Center to investigate a report of a stolen palm pilot, briefcase and other items.

4:30:11 p.m.—An officer was sent to 20 Prescott Street to take a report of breaking and entering.

March 28:

12:11:38 p.m.—An officer arrested Michael Becker, 32, from Lexington for disorderly conduct in Paine Hall.

7:18:12 p.m.—A HUPD officer arrested 22-year-old John Lloyd in Holyoke Center for an outstanding warrant.

March 29:

10:00:00 a.m.—Pamela Parker, 59, was arrested on a default warrant at the Carpenter Center.

—Staff writer Hana R. Alberts can be reached at alberts@fas.harvard.edu.