POLICE LOG

By Hana R. Alberts, Crimson Staff Writer

6:47:32 a.m.—Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officers were dispatched to Hollis Hall on a report of loud music. Officers turned down an alarm clock.

2:39:32 p.m.—An officer was sent to Adams House to investigate a hazardous condition involving cleaning chemicals. Cambridge Fire Department found all to be in order.

March 31:

9:40:01 a.m.—An HUPD officer responded to a report of stolen computer equipment at the Biology Laboratories.

4:49:03 p.m.—An officer was dispatched to Hemenway Gym to take a report of a stolen jacket.

April 1:

12:45:00 a.m.—An HUPD officer was sent to University Health Services to investigate a report of fumes in the building. Cambridge Fire Department checked the building and determined that all was in order.

6:29:59 p.m.—An officer was sent to Andover Library on a report of a stolen wallet. Within half an hour, HUPD was notified of two more larcenies at the same library.

April 2:

1:00:49 p.m.—An officer was dispatched to handle a dispute between a parking monitor and a contractor.

8:56:42 p.m.—Officers observed two persons acting suspiciously on Mass. Ave. They arrested one of the suspects, Arlington resident William Hinde, 19, for active default warrants.

April 3:

5:40:26 a.m.—HUPD officers dispatched on a report of a suspicious package by the Yard gates. After a brief investigation, an officer determined the package to be safe.

6:27:54 p.m.—An officer arrested 55-year-old Francis Menzio of Boston for trespassing in Emerson Hall.

April 4:

4:07:54 a.m.—An HUPD officer was dispatched to Cambridge Common to investigate a possible unarmed robbery. It was determined that the person gave over their money freely.

10:27:43 a.m.—An officer was sent to Sever Hall to take a report of stolen money.

April 5:

3:39:36 a.m.—An officer responded to a noise complaint at 20 DeWolfe Street. The officer shut down a loud party there.

7:20:16 a.m.—HUPD officers were dispatched to Kirkland House on a report of a person bleeding from an eye injury. The party was gone on arrival.

—Staff writer Hana R. Alberts can be reached at alberts@fas.harvard.edu.