CPD POLICE LOG

By The CRIMSON Staff

July 31:

7:35 p.m.—A Cambridge Police Department (CPD) officer responded to a report of an assault at the R.F. Kennedy School on Spring Street. The victim stated that, while playing basketball, he was approached by six white males swinging baseball bats. An altercation ensued and the victim said he was stabbed three times with a small knife after being pushed to the ground.

4:50 p.m.—Robert Steward of Cambridge was arrested for possession of a Class D substance on Webster Avenue.

—During the evening, a CPD officer took a report from a Boston resident whose wallet was stolen at the Harvard Coop while she was looking at a map.

August 1:

—During the night, a CPD officer took a report from a Cambridge resident who stated that the molding on the driver’s side door of his 1993 Honda Civic had been broken. A second caller reported that an unknown person had stolen his son’s Pacific mountain bike by removing the lock from the back porch. A third caller reported that her 1994 Volvo was stolen from Hunting Street.

—A resident reported that a motor vehicle was weaving in and out of traffic at a very high speed at the intersection of Rindge Avenue and Mass. Ave. The suspicious person’s motor vehicle, with an unknown license, struck the reporting person’s motor vehicle and forced it across the intersection. The reporting person complained of neck pain, but refused medical assistance.

August 2:

—CPD officers arrested Christopher Reily of Sherman Street, Lee Williams Jr. of Jay Street and a juvenile for approaching two victims in the Harvard Yard and stealing $40, as reported by the Harvard University Police Department.

—Johnson Jean-Baptist of Columbia Street, Batilus Gabriel Jr. of Windsor Street and Corey Morris of Newtowne Court were arrested for drinking in public. During a pat down search, drugs were discovered on some of the parties.

August 3:

—A CPD officer responded to a report from a Cambridge resident stating that he had found his sister deceased.

11:40 p.m.—A Cambridge resident stated that at 11 p.m. in the Harvard Square MBTA station, her purse was stolen, containing a cell phone, one dollar and credit cards.

August 4:

—A resident of Somerville reported that while riding his bike on Walden Street and Raymond Street, four males riding in a silver sport utility vehicle threw a bottle at him striking him on his left temple.

2:45 p.m.—Employees at Blockbuster Video on Alewife Brook Parkway reported that someone had been stealing video games and DVDs from the store by cutting the security boxes and removing the items over the past four to five months.

August 5:

6:10 a.m.—A caller reported that someone had broken into a building on Harvard Street by forcing open the rear window sometime after 10 p.m. the night before.

2:44 p.m.—A CPD officer was sent to the Wellbridge Fitness Center to investigate a report by a Harvard University affiliate who said that her platinium and gold pinky ring, valued at $12,000, was stolen from a secured locker in the women’s changing room.

—Maya Ondalikoglu and Patrick Kuo contributed to the reporting of this story.