SPORTS BRIEF: Fucito named men’s soccer Ivy Rookie of the Year; Tornaritis on first team

By The Crimson Staff

For the second year in a row, a member of the Harvard men’s soccer team was selected as the Ivy League Rookie of the Year.

Forward Michael Fucito was tapped this year, following on the heels of sophomore forward Matt Hoff’s performance last year. Hoff was named Ivy Rookie of the Week on Oct. 11, and finished first on the team with five assists.

He was also named as a second-team All-Ivy selection, one of seven Crimson players named as All-Ivy players.

Junior midfielder Nicholas Tornaritis was the lone first team player, as he was named Ivy Player of the Week and finished second in the conference with seven goals.

Sophomore forward Charles Altchek, Hoff and junior captain and defender Will Craig all joined Fucito on the second team.

The last Harvard selections were junior midfielder Anthony Tornaritis and junior goalie Ryan Johnson, who were both honorable mention.

The Crimson finished the year fifth in the league, and went 9-7-1 overall in the season. Dartmouth won the league and is the sole representative in the NCAA tournament. It plays BU on Friday.

Men's Soccer