'45 NINE MEETS ONCE-BEATEN ELI CUBS AT NEW HAVEN TODAY

Mains to Pitch at Head of Samborski's Shifted Lineup

After juggling his line-up all season, Coach Adolph Samborski has finally come up with what he thinks is a winning combination for the Freshman baseball game with Yale this afternoon at New Haven.

Undefeated until the Princeton game last week, the Elis now boast a record of ten victories in eleven starts. The Crimson state now stands at seven wins and five losses.

Mains to Start

Jim Mains, the squad's leading hitter with a .368 average, is also the number one hurler with 4 wins against one setback. He has come a long way since the opening game with Wentworth, which he blew because of lack of control in throwing to the plate and the bases.

Pacing the regular starters at the bat is Don Richards, who has been pounding the pill at a .344 loop. His hitting has picked up in the past three weeks since football practice ended, and he is back in left field and the clean-up spot in the batting order.

Casey at First

The only other starter over .300 is first baseman George Casey, who is now hitting .323. As a result of the latest line-up change he will be third man up, since Samborski rates him as the squad's steadiest stickman.

Captain Vinnie Leahy will remain as lead-off man and second sacker, with Jim Apthorp following him in the lineup and in the field at third base. Jim Gallagher, fifth man at the plate, will fill out the infield at short.

A fixture since the beginning of the year, Jim Ready is all set in center field. Bill Hamlen, who has been behind the plate, at first, and in right field, is back where he started, catching.

The big question mark all season long has been right field, and Samborski waited until last night before deciding to start Bill McAuliffe, who opened the last game on the mound. Fast on his feet and a good fielder, McAuliffe won out over Billy Barron who outshines him at bat, but whose autics in the field have added gray hairs to Sam's head.

Vic Machcinski will probably be on the hill for the Elis. The curve-balling righthander has been Coach Jeff Sawyer's top hurler all year, despite his 3-2 loss to Princeton for the Blue's only defeat.

Yale will field one of its hardest-hitting teams in years, with almost the entire starting team over the .300 mark. First baseman Bill Howe is out in front with a phenomenal .550, closely followed by center fielder Hugh Knowlton's even .500.