Local Police Issue Warrant for Shooter

Police also confirm groping victim was a Harvard undergraduate

By Robin M. Peguero, Crimson Staff Writer

The Cambridge Police Department (CPD) issued a warrant for the arrest of Rodney Headly, 24, yesterday for his alleged role in the late-night shooting near Leverett Towers Saturday night.

“We’re searching for him as we speak,” said Frank T. Pasquarello, spokesperson for CPD.Pasquarello said the CPD is not considering any other suspects at this time.

Headly, who allegedly fired several shots around 10:30 p.m. Saturday night, will be charged with assault with intent to murder, malicious destruction of property, and discharging a firearm within city limits. The incident took place by 27 Athens St. where Headly, who is not affiliated with Harvard, resides.

CPD interviewed the uninjured woman in the car at which Headly shot. A neighbor of the suspect, the woman sparred with Headly before he ran upstairs to his residency and fired at the victim as she drove away, according to Pasquarello.

“It takes awhile to put the investigation together,” Pasquarello said, referring to the time it took to get the warrant. The warrant was issued around 5 p.m. yesterday.

Also, the Harvard Univerity Police Department yesterday confirmed that the victim of the groping outside of the Harvard Hillel building Monday night was, in fact, a Harvard undergraduate.

—Staff writer Robin M. Peguero can be reached at peguero@fas.harvard.edu.