Shore helps Harvard to sixth-place finish at ECACs

The Harvard men’s golf team continued to see impressive play by its freshman members this weekend en route to a sixth-place finish in the ECAC Division I Championships in Farmington, Conn.

Freshman Michael Shore shot a two-under-par 70 in the first round on Saturday and finished with a combined score of 141. Shore’s score placed him third among the field and made him one of only three players to complete the two rounds of play under par.

Harvard carded a combined 291 on Saturday, which temporarily placed it fourth overall, but its players struggled in the second round with a 301, and thus had to settle for a sixth-place finish in a field of 10. Monmouth University held on to its two-shot advantage after round one to lead the field with a two-day score of 575.

Captain D.J. Hynes was the only Crimson player other than Shore to shoot under par in the first round, and finished tied for 11th with scores of 71-73. Junior Thomas Hegge shot an even-par 72 in the first round, but clubbed a 79 in the second round to finish tied 28th. Freshman John Christensen finished with scores of 78-81, and sophomore Sam Lissner finished 56th with a combined score of 163.

—TONY D. QIAN

Men's Golf