Skiing Team Finishes 10th at Dartmouth Carnival

By The Crimson Staff, Crimson Staff Writer

The Harvard skiing teams took 10th at the Dartmouth Carnival this weekend, led by the 20th-place finish of Nordic sophomore captain Jenna Harlow in the 5K Classic.

Harlow continued a string of successful performances, finishing in a time of 20:54.8. Freshmen Charlotte Johnson and Laura Larsen-Strecker took 58th and 59th, respectively.

In women’s alpine competition, junior Susannah Dickerson led the Crimson with a 44th-place finish in the GS, with a time of 2:26.28, and a 43rd-place finish in the slalom with a time of 2:03.72. Sophomore Kathleen Connors was close behind in the slalom, taking 44th with a time of 2:11.41. Connors finished the GS in 2:32.74, good for 46th.

For the men, sophomore co-captain Dan Tsai took 31st in the slalom with a time of 1:45.93, followed by freshmen Matthew Basilico in 32nd and Alex Levin in 41st.

Basilico and Tsai took 50th and 51st, respectively, in the GS.

The Nordic men’s team was paced by sophomore Magnus Grimeland’s 55th-place finish in the 10K Classic, followed by freshman Oliver Burruss in 56th, junior captain Russ Leino in 58th, and freshmen Steve Amrock and Chris Nabel in 60th and 63rd, respectively.

Next up for Harvard is the Williams Carnival, held in Williamstown, Mass., next weekend.

—THE CRIMSON STAFF

Skiing