Ski teams finish season with a 10th-place finish at the EISA Championships

By The Crimson Staff, Crimson Staff Writer

The Harvard ski teams closed out their season with a 10th-place finish at the EISA Championships this weekend.

Sophomore women’s Nordic captain Jennifer Harlow led Crimson finishers with a 26th-place finish in the 5K Classic with a time of 18:33.3. Freshman Charlotte Johnson took 58th. In the 15K Free Technique, Harlow was 45th with a time of 53:54.9, while Johnson was 57th.

In men’s Nordic competition, sophomore Magnus Grimeland took 56th in the 10K Classic with a time of 36:40.3, followed by freshman Oliver Burrus in 57th, senior Russ Leino in 58th, freshmen Steve Amrock and Chris Nabel in 62nd and 64th, and junior Tom Gilmore in 65th. In the 20K Free Technique, Burrus finished 54th with a time of 1:00:23.1, followed by Grimeland in 58th, Leino in 59th, and Nabel in 63rd.

The men’s alpine squad was paced by sophomore co-captain Dan Tsai in both giant slalom and the slalom. In the GS, Tsai took 37th with a time of 2:03.11, followed by sophomore co-captain Eric Ode in 49th, freshman Alex Levin in 50th, and junior Kyle Klopcic in 51st.

In the slalom, Tsai finished 42nd with a time of 1:30.05.

For the women, junior Susannah Dickerson was the top Harvard finisher in both the GS and the slalom. In the slalom, Dickerson finished 54th with a time of 1:53.59, followed by sophomore Kathleen Connors in 60th.

Dickerson took 47th in the GS with a time of 2:15.6. Connors was 53rd, captain Molly Simmons was 56th, and freshman Christina Kozak was 57th.

—THE CRIMSON STAFF

Skiing