Men’s Volleyball takes to the road to pick up its first win of the season against Vassar

By The Crimson Staff, Crimson Staff Writer

The Harvard men’s volleyball team picked up its first win of the season yesterday with a 3-1 (34-36, 30-22, 30-10, 30-12) victory at Vassar.

The Crimson (1-3) couldn’t shake the Brewers (1-6) in the first game, as Vassar managed to take the opening frame 36-34. The two sides forged 23 ties and combined to fight off six game points.

Vassar stuck with Harvard during the first two-thirds of the second frame as well.

But with the score tied at 20, the Crimson put together a 10-2 run to bring the match even at a game a piece.

The run seemed to trigger a Harvard explosion that saw the Crimson take 70 of the final 94 points of the match.

Harvard sprinted out of the gate in the third frame, grabbing an early 14-3 lead.

The Crimson kept the momentum from fizzling as it took 16 of the final 23 points of the game for a 30-10 win.

The momentum carried over to game four, as Harvard once again jumped out to a big lead. Leading 18-5, the Crimson outscored the Brewers 12-7 to close out the victory.

For a team which opened up its season with three tough home losses, including two which went a full five games, the win over Vassar was a step in the right direction.

Harvard returns to the Malkin Athletic Center Wednesday to face Johnson and Wales. The Crimson will be looking for its first home win of the season.

—THE CRIMSON STAFF

Men's Volleyball