THE PRYING GAME

By Michael A. Mohammed, Crimson Staff Writer

“I think I’ll be re-reading [Dale Carnegie’s] How to Win Friends and Influence People, because it’s important to come across as if you’re popular. I’ve been feeling a little depressed lately because my list of Facebook[.com] friends is low…I want to get it up above 300. ”

Yemi K. Owolewa ’07

“My plans for spring break…each day I’ll lift from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., and then read while I’m doing cardio. The book I want to read is [John Powell’s] Why Am I Afraid to Tell You Who I Am?; we had to read part of it in high school…it’s about why people think they need to compensate for their personality.”

Patrick F. Baur ’07

“I’m either going to finish Jared Diamond’s book Guns, Germs, and Steel…or re-read Ursula K. Le Guin’s A Wizard of Earthsea. I’m going on a canoe trip with my dad, so I’ll bring the lighter of the two.”

Leah H. Pillsbury ’07

“Over spring break I’m going to Mexico with HACIA Democracy. First I’m reading [Thomas L. Friedman’s] The Lexus and the Olive Tree­—it’s about globalization and how it influences all these different countries; then I’ll read [Aidan Hartley’s] The Zanzibar Chest, a book about East African democracy. We’re going to the beach for two days and then to a conference, so I guess the books are for the plane ride.”