The Crimson Editorial Board is pleased to announce its Fall 2005 columnists

By The Crimson Staff

a social studies concentrator in Eliot House, hails from the Cambridge of the Southwest, Santa Fe, New Mexico. In his column, “Base Politics,” which will run on alternate Mondays, he will try to justify his life by making the peons of electoral politics seem important.

Matthew A. Gline ’06

a physics concentrator in Quincy House, wants desperately to legitimize his web surfing addiction. To that end, “Bits and Bytes,” his column on technology policy at Harvard and in the world at large, will appear on alternate Tuesdays.

Michael Gould-Wartofsky ’07

a government concentrator in Kirkland House, proudly hails from the city of New York. He will take aim at the Harvard bubble with a fearless onslaught of potent prose and independent politics. For a real morning wake up call, turn to “Left Unsaid”—saying what needs to be said on alternate Wednesdays.

Henry Seton ’06

a social studies concentrator in Adams House, spends his spare time playing hide and seek with Harvard’s hidden curriculum. His column, “Miseducation,” seeks to offer a critical yet hopeful perspective on education at Harvard and beyond on alternate Thursdays.

Andrew Kreicher ’06

is a biology concentrator in Leverett House. With the incendiary perspective of a cynical senior, he hopes to discuss Harvard and senior life while combating political correctness and knee-jerk liberalism – and maybe ruffle a few feathers along the way. His column, “Seniority Complex,” will appear on alternate Fridays.

Travis Kavulla ’06

is a history concentrator from Mather House. After a year in Tanzania and Montana learning Swahili and reforming school politics, respectively, he is once again writing “The Learning Curve,” a column focusing (mostly) on undergraduate education, which will run on alternate Mondays.

John W. Hastrup ’06

a government concentrator in Dunster House, is the everyman’s “Angry White Male.” In fact, he isn’t very angry and actually wishes that he didn’t get sunburn in five minutes on a cloudy day. With humility and without ideology, he hopes to challenge the complacent left on alternating Tuesdays.

Jillian N. London ’07

is a philosophy concentrator in Adams house. A native of Southern California, she transferred last fall from UCLA and is still in the process of adjusting to snow, polo shirts, and the slightly eccentric Harvard social scene. On alternate Wednesdays, her column, “Quips and Quirks,” will offer insight on undergraduate life.

Victoria Ilyinsky ’07

is a Romance languages and literature concentrator in Leverett who only recently realized “romance” did not refer to the lexicon of love. She likes dancing, wishes she were European, and hates checking voicemail. Her column, “Blushing Crimson,” taps in on campus trends and roots out the traditions that explain them on alternate Thursdays.

Adam Goldenberg ’08

is a social studies concentrator in Winthrop House. His column, “Sardonic Verses,” will attempt social critique by arguing the unexpected. Expect an irreverent outsider’s perspective on the daily news, campus issues, and the world in general on alternate Fridays.