Both Harvard track and field teams fall in three way meet against Brown and Cornell

By The Crimson Staff, Crimson Staff Writer

The Harvard men’s and women’s track and field teams began the Ivy part of their dual season this weekend, but neither put up much of a struggle in falling to Cornell and Brown.

While the men managed 25 points—Brown won the meet with 73—the women grabbed 35.5 to finish far behind first place Cornell.

The Crimson women had three top finishes on the day, with sophomore Lindsey Scherf, senior Mary Serdakowski, and sophomore Clara Blattler winning the mile, 60-meter hurdles and pole vault, respectively.

Scherf edged her competitors with a time of 4:49.79, while Serdakowski’s time of 8.84 earned her the victory.

While not finishing in first in any event, junior Stevie DeGroff earned five points for Harvard by placing second in the 200 meter dash and third in the 60-meter sprint.

For the men, the only victories came in the jumping events, from seniors Samyr Laine and Travis Hughes. The former won the triple jump and placed second behind the latter in the long jump—together earning 15 of Harvard’s points on the day.

Both teams return to action this Saturday for the Dartmouth Indoor Classic.

—THE CRIMSON STAFF

Track and Cross Country