Both squads place third in Harvard-Yale-Princeton

By The Crimson Staff

Despite picking up victories in several individual events, the Harvard men’s and women’s indoor track teams both came in third place at the annual Harvard-Yale-Princeton meet Saturday afternoon at the Gordon Indoor Track and Tennis Center.

The Princeton men won the meet with 78 points, defeating Yale by seven and the Crimson by 58. On the other hand, the Yale women (61) barely edged Princeton (60) for first place, with Harvard managing only 38 points.

Harvard captured the top two spots in the women’s 60-meter hurdles. Senior Mary Serdakowski took first place at 8.96 seconds, and freshman Dara Wilson came in just a hundredth of a second behind her.

Freshman Becky Christensen and sophomore Lindsey Scherf also came away with top finishes for the Crimson women, winning the high jump and the 3000-meter run, respectively.

On the men’s side, senior Travis Hughes defeated Matt Brock of Princeton by 0.11 meters to take the men’s long jump event. Hughes also took third in the triple jump, an event won by classmate Samyr Laine (15.37 meters).

—THE CRIMSON STAFF

Track and Cross Country