SPORTS BRIEF: Both Cahow and Chu chosen for U.S. Women's Select Team at Four Nations Cup

By Crimson staff, Crimson Staff Writer

A pair of Harvard captains, one old and one new, will represent the United States at the Women’s Four Nations Cup in Leksland, Sweden.

Tri-captain Caitlan Cahow and last year’s co-captain Julie Chu ’07 were selected to the U.S. Women’s Select Team on Tuesday and will travel to Sweden for the five-day tournament, which takes place Nov. 7-11. Both are listed as defensemen on the roster.

Cahow’s national team experience dates back to the 2006 Winter Olympics in Torino, Italy, where she helped the squad take home a bronze medal. She is a preseason All-ECAC selection for the 2007-2008 season after making both the All-ECAC and All-Ivy first teams last year.

Chu is a two-time Olympian herself, earning a silver medal at the 2002 Salt Lake City Games. In her final season at Harvard, she received the Patty Kazmaier Award, given to the top women’s college player in the nation. She is now an assistant coach at Minnesota-Duluth.

The Four Nations Cup was first held in 2000 after Sweden joined the Three Nations Cup, which consisted of Canada, the United States, and Finland. Canada won the event in 2006.

—THE CRIMSON STAFF

Women's Ice Hockey