The Crimson Editorial Board is Pleased to Announce its Spring 2007 Columnists

By The crimson editoral board

"Modernity and Its Discontents": Christopher B. Lacaria ’09 is a history concentrator in Mather House and the publisher of the Harvard Salient. He will provide a critical look at the absurdities and inanities of the post-modern academy here at Harvard in his column, which will run on alternate Mondays.

"Hub Happenings": Stephen C. Bartenstein ’08 is a government concentrator in Lowell House and a proud Lexington, Mass. native. His column will provide mischievously mordant commentary on Bay State life as it relates to the Harvard scholar. On alternate Mondays, Stephen will opine on everything from breaking state news to the more outlandish stories unique to the People’s Republic.

"Thoughts en Masse": Malcom A. Glenn ’09, an associate sports chair, is a history concentrator in Leverett House. His column will tackle the questions, matters, and wonders of the world that we live in filtered through a unique lens. Look for Malcom on alternate Tuesdays as he tries to make sense of the good, the bad, and the misguided of a very crowded media circus.

"Sardonic Verses": Adam Goldenberg ’08 is a social studies concentrator in Winthrop House. His column returns on alternate Tuesdays with another semester’s worth of irreverence. With a magnifying glass trained on Harvard’s administration and student government, something’s bound to get burned. Probably Adam.

"Flyover Country": Steven T. Cupps ’09 is a biological anthropology and economics concentrator in Lowell House. In an attempt to reveal the neglected bits of Americana, his column will offer musings that sprawl from the Pacific to the Atlantic and the vast track in between. His column appears on alternate Thursdays.

"The Visible Hand": Will Johnston ’08 is a social studies concentrator in Adams House. Appearing on alternate Wednesdays, his column will look at the unruly intersection of capitalism, politics, and culture, sometimes showing why Harvard students may have more (or less) control over the three spheres than they necessarily would like.

"Scientific Method": Matthew S. Meisel ’07, a chemistry concentrator in Currier House and former editorial chair, hopes he doesn’t need to convince you that global warming is real, despite today’s snowfall. His column will run on alternate Fridays and will demystify the science news of the moment, and perhaps predict exactly when Boston Harbor will be lapping at the steps of Currier.

"Unrepentant Old Whig": Piotr Brzezinski ’07 is a social studies concentrator in Winthrop House and a former Crimson associate editorial chair. His column, appearing on alternate Fridays, will offer commentary on national and campus issues from a classic liberal perspective, making the case for individual liberty, autonomy, and free markets.

"Are You Serious?": Eric Kester ’08 is an anthropology concentrator in Winthrop House. Pack your bag full of smiles on alternating Fridays as Eric spends another semester taking a humorous look at the daily struggles of a Harvard student, such as waking up in time for breakfast and remembering to call home on your mother’s birthday.

"Primary Source": Lumumba Seegars ’09 is a social studies concentrator in Dunster House. His column, appearing on alternate Fridays, will address issues of race and class from a personal perspective, while connecting his experiences and frustrations with larger issues and tensions in society.

"Attitude Adjustment": Jessica Coggins ’08 is a women, gender, and sexuality concentrator in Cabot House. In spite of her contrarian and often bizarre musings, she still hopes the one thing people remember about her is that she’s a proud Texan. On alternate Thursdays her column will take a biting look at both national and campus trends.

"Spilt Milk": Lucy M. Caldwell ’09 is a history and literature concentrator in Adams House. In her column, she will examine the collision of modern mores with conventional society. Incidentally, Caldwell only cries over spilt triple nonfat lattes with extra foam.