SPORTS BRIEF: Martin and Bobzin earn second-team All-Ivy honors for women’s lax

By The Crimson Staff, Crimson Staff Writer

Sophomore attack Kaitlin Martin and junior defender Lauren Bobzin were the lone Harvard selections to the conference’s All-Ivy teams, announced yesterday by the league. Both players were second-team selections, as voted by the league’s coaches.

Martin tallied 39 goals and 47 total points for the Crimson this year, and her 2.53 goals per game average was fourth-best in the Ivy League in 2007. She also averaged 2.93 points per contest, good for eighth in the Ivies.

Martin’s best game this season came in a road contest in March against Connectictut, where she scorched the Huskie defense for five goals. She has scored at least a point in 22 consecutive contests dating back to 2006.

Bobzin, who served as a co-captain for the team this season, picked up a league-leading 3.27 ground ball per contest while also ranking fourth in the Ivies in causing 1.47 turnovers per game. In a game against 11th-ranked Penn this year, she picked up a season-high eight ground balls.

The selections mark the first All-Ivy honors for both players.

—THE CRIMSON STAFF

Women's Lacrosse